Roaring Brook Veterinary Hospital is dedicated to giving back to the community by serving local non-profit organizations that care for and adopt out homeless animals. We believe every animal deserves the same care and compassion as our own. We are committed to serving our community by providing veterinary care to the following organizations.
• Animal Friends of Connecticut – A nonprofit, no-kill shelter dedicated to the protection of animals, based in West Hartford and New Britain.
• Connecticut Greyhound Adoption-GPA – A nonprofit, volunteer organization dedicated to finding permanent, loving homes for retired racing greyhounds in Connecticut.
• American Lab Rescue – ALR is based in Willington and works closely with Roaring Brook Veterinary Hospital to find homes for Labrador Retrievers.
• Dog Star Rescue – The Mission of Dog Star Rescue, volunteer company, is to save abandoned, shelter, or owner surrender dogs to the best of our ability with the volunteer and financial resources available.
• Connecticut Veterinary Medical Association — Information about pet care and veterinary medicine for pet owners and veterinarians.
Browse our article library on pet care and medical information to answer many of your pet health questions. Articles are updated regularly, and new material is added on a weekly basis.